Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mothering mindfully

I have created this blog as a response to a growing emotional need within myself to write about my journey to motherhood.
However, allow me to first introduce myself. I am 26-years-old, the first in my family's generation to have a baby. I am currently six months pregnant, and have been married for a little over a year to my best friend and the keeper of my heart since I was a teenager in braces. I live in Santa Cruz, California, an eclectic little town on the coast, about an hour away from San Francisco. I work as a support staff for adults with disabilities living independently. For fun, I love to be in nature, or creating something new.
This blog will primarily be a collection of thoughts of a first-time new mom, determined to do things a little unconventionally. My husband and I are very conscious of the world around us, and I will use this space on the Internet as a creative springboard for ways to raise a baby mindfully, with regard for every action having a reaction. Our parenting techniques will derive a lot of inspiration from Attachment Parenting, and we will be using cloth diapers and making our own baby food. I hope to soon have a gallery of homemade toys created with recycled materials, as well as how-to information for any other crafty parent out there looking for a way to save money and create for their child.

Posted by Picasa   
My goal as a mother is to be an active participant in my future childrens' lives. I plan to be home as much as possible, which will mean a significant cut to our household income. Husband and I have braced ourselves for this, and aside from being a full-time mama, I will be making it my job to stretch his paycheck as far as possible. I am excited to be able to blog about how to make that happen, and hopefully inspire others to do the same, if they desire to do so but are afraid of financial consequences. I believe in having a productive household vs. a consumptive household, along with an attitude a little different than the cultural norm about what makes a happy family.
I truly look forward to blogging about my journey, and invite readers to discover parenting mindfully along with me.






No comments:

Post a Comment