Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Granola, anyone?

I love being a mom in Santa Cruz. I didn't realize just how much I had absorbed the crunchy mama culture (think Earth Mother) until it hit me one day, while I was wearing my baby in a sling as I concocted homemade laundry detergent. I was wearing aluminum-free deodorant (which, lets be honest, doesn't really work) and singing a song from Mothersong, a multi-cultural singalong that I take Collin to. At Mothersong, you will be likely to sit in a circle and openly breastfeed while you sing "We love the mother earth" with babies named Hawk and Bear (I'm not kidding. They're very cute babies).

I love living naturally. I admire other people who live naturally. And, yes, I've even acquired a taste for granola. You're welcome, Santa Cruz.

In other news, we are yet again traveling to Southern California, this time to support my Mom's partner as she passes from this life. I am anticipating some highly emotional days ahead, hopefully brightened a little by Collin's sweet smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment