Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Don't mind the crying lady.

I've heard the funniest joke, I can't wait to tell it to you. Are you ready?

It's any time anyone tells me to  "Sleep when the baby sleeps."

HA HA HA. Hilarious, right?

I've hit a critical mass of sleep deprivation. Here's what my week has looked like so far (and it's only Tuesday. Who knows what awaits the rest of the week?):
*Story has only worn pajamas, day and night.
*I ate cereal for breakfast AND dinner yesterday.
*I randomly started crying at Collin's preschool and I had NO IDEA WHY. I was not sad. The tears just literally leaked out my eyes, almost on their own.

I'm really feeling it now, this life with two kids thing. I get it. It's real, and it's gritty, and it's hard. But you know what else? I'm so loving having two. Really, I mean it. This is my dream, having children, and I'm living it. At night, I look at them sleeping peacefully, and I'm overcome with love and gratitude. These are my children, both of them.

Now, I'm going to bed.

1 comment: