Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Life, and then some.

I know its been a few minutes since I've blogged last, and I guess that's because I've had to get a few things sorted out. Namely, the big elephant in the room, my diagnosis of postpartum depression.

Yes, let's talk about that.

I was on fire, but I didn't know I was on fire, until my relatives came to town and put it out. Suddenly, there were enough hands to take care of everybody. The whole weekend they were here, I kept thinking about how they were going to leave, and I would have to light myself on fire again trying to take care of everybody. And I just couldn't do it. I didn't have the energy. I cried, when I was alone with the baby. Then, I got help.

I'm not alone. Postpartum depression is not rare. If you have experience with it, I would be glad to talk to you about it. I am so grateful to everyone who has come out of the woodwork to support me through this. And now, as Story nears four months old, I can say that I'm starting to feel better. I'm happy that I didn't wait to get help. I'm happy that I took care of myself before it affected my children. Through this experience, I am learning and growing.

One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment